Orion Minerals is focused on the supply of the future facing metals that will drive the global transition to a lower carbon future.
The Company holds a portfolio of high-quality development and exploration assets in South Africa’s Northern Cape, with Mineral Rights including known deposits of copper, zinc, nickel, cobalt, Platinum Group Elements (PGE), gold, silver, tungsten, Rare Earth Elements (REE) and lithium.
Plans are currently underway to accelerate three key base metal projects towards first production:
Prieska Copper Zinc Mine (PCZM)
- Globally significant VMS resource – 31Mt at 1.2% Cu and 3.6% Zn
- Mineral reserve – 14.5Mt at 1.1% Cu and 3.2% Zn
- BFS20: Initial 12-year, 2.4Mtpa operation targeting production of 22ktpa copper and 70ktpa zinc
- Fully permitted and ready to build
An updated Bankable Feasibility Study is currently underway for an accelerated development strategy at the PCZM. Trial mining has begun and early dewatering is imminent.Read More
Okiep Copper Project (OCP)
- Opportunity for a second base metal production hub alongside Prieska Copper Zinc Mine
- Premier historical copper district that produced >2Mt of copper over a 150-year period ending in
- Targeting initial proof-of-concept-scale copper mining operation with the potential for first production within 16 months of the start of construction
- Okiep Copper Project (OCP) is a Bankable Feasibility Study.
Jacomynspan Project (JMP) Nickel-Copper Cobalt-PGE Mine
- Executed Mining Right over Ni-Cu-Co-PGE+Au Intrusive Complex
- JORC Mineral Resource of 65Mt at 0.28% Ni, 0.19% Cu & 0.02% Co, using a cut-off of 0.2% Ni
- Potential for open pit and shallow underground mining
- Investigating innovative proprietary technology to recover high purity, ultrafine metal powders, for use in electronics and chemical industries – value game changer
Each of these projects offers substantial exploration upside in under-explored districts.
Orion is also progressing with a strategic exclusivity agreement with Stratega Metals for the development of a specialist metal powders refining facility in the Northern Cape.
Every aspect of Orion’s business is undertaken with an unwavering commitment to the highest Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) standards, with the Company striving to deliver ESG-certified metals that can be tracked and verified from exploration to sale.
Orion’s aim is to become an industry leader in South Africa, adopting next-generation technology and work practices to deliver enhanced workplace outcomes and best-in-class environmental performance.
The Company is dual-listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and trades under the code “ORN”.